The 2023 Mayors Forum will focus on topics particular to Big Ten college cities including development of infrastructure that promotes social cohesion, challenges and opportunities of creating an infrastructure for urban technology, and campus and community participation in local elections. Join us for a conversation with Mayor Fazlul Kabir of College Park, MD; Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway of Madison, WI; and Mayor Christopher Taylor of Ann Arbor, MI moderated by Jim Throgmorton, Professor Emeritus University of Iowa School of Planning and Public Affairs and former mayor of Iowa City. This annual event brings together mayors virtually to timely topics of national importance that manifest at the municipal level and insights on how leadership at the city level shapes our national approaches to some of the most pressing issues of the day.
This virtual event will have a live watch party for the University of Michigan community at Taubman College Art and Architecture Building Auditorium (Room 2104), 2000 Bonisteel Blvd, Ann Arbor. Portions of the event will be filmed and live-streamed from the watch party. All are welcome to attend; dinner will be provided.
- Big Ten Collaboration: Democracy in the 21st Century
- Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy, University of Michigan (CLOSUP)
- Democracy & Debate 2023-’24, University of Michigan
- Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan
- Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning, University of Michigan